The final project report
provides a brief overview of the research performed during the official project life-time (January 2009 - December 2011). For more up to date results please follow the news
Please find bellow a list of publications that have been partially or fully supported by the project. If you reach a broken link for an interesting publication then you can ask for a draft by email
- Michail N. Giannakos, Konstantinos Chorianopoulos, Paul Johns, Kori Inkpen, and Honglu Du. 2011. Children's interactions in an asynchronous video mediated communication environment. In Proceedings of INTERACT'11. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg, 199-206.
- Honglu Du, Kori Inkpen, Konstantinos Chorianopoulos, Mary Czerwinski, Paul Johns, Aaron Hoff, Asta Roseway, Sarah Morlidge, John Tang and Tom Gross (2011). VideoPal: Exploring Asynchronous Video-Messaging to Enable Cross-Cultural Friendships. ECSCW2011, To Appear.
- Chorianopoulos, K., Leftheriotis, I., Gkonela, C. (2011). SocialSkip: Pragmatic Understanding within Web Video. In Proceedings of the 9th European Conference on Interactive Video and TV (EuroITV 2011). To Appear. Final Draft (1.2 MB)
- Chorianopoulos, K., Leftheriotis, I., Pandis, P. (2011). Design of Scalable Collaborative Multi-touch Screens. In Proceedings of the 2nd Workshop on Engineering Patterns for Multi-Touch Interfaces 2011. To Appear.
- Leftheriotis, I. and Chorianopoulos, K. (2011). User Experience Quality in Multi-Touch Tasks. In Proceedings of the 3rd ACM SIGCHI symposium on Engineering interactive computing systems (EICS '11). ACM, New York, NY, USA, To Appear
- Leftheriotis, I. and Chorianopoulos, K. (2011). Multi-user Chorded Toolkit for Multi-touch Screens. In Proceedings of the 3rd ACM SIGCHI symposium on Engineering interactive computing systems (EICS '11). ACM, New York, NY, USA, To Appear
- Mikalef, K. and Chorianopoulos, K (2011). Game playing in the field: Effects of interactivity on learning and museum experience. In Proceedings of the DEG workshop on Involving End Users and Domain Experts in the Design of Educational Games, June 6, Torre Canne (Brindisi), Italy
- Giannakos, M. Giotopoulos, K, Chorianopoulos, K. In the Face (book) of the Daily Routine. In Proceedings of Mindtrek 2010.
- Leftheriotis, I, Gkonela, C. Chorianopoulos, K. (2010) Efficient Video Indexing on the Web: A System that Leverages User Interactions with a Video Player, In Proceedings of 2nd International Conference on User-Centered Media (UCMEDIA 2010)
- Chorianopoulos, K. Polymeris, G. (2010). A case study of the deployment of cultural probes in remote schools. 7th Pan-Hellenic Conference with International Participation "ICT in Education" (HCICTE 2010).
- Spiridonidou, A. Kampi, I and Chorianopoulos, K. (2010). Exploring everyday life in remote schools: A large-scale study with cultural probes and affinity diagrams. In proceedings of workshop on Digital Technologies and Marginalized Youth, IDC 2010, Barcelona, Spain.
- Chorianopoulos, K. et al (2010). Delegating the visual interface between a Tablet and a TV. In proceedings of workshop on coupled display visual interfaces, AVI 2010.
- Chorianopoulos, K., Tsaknaki, V. (2010) CELL: Connecting Everyday Life in an archipeLago. In proceedings of workshop Mind the Gap — Towards Seamless Remote Social Interaction, AVI 2010
- Chorianopoulos, K. (2009). Evaluating the social effects of distant education beyond the desktop computer. International Conference on Open and Distance Learning, pages 117-121
- Chorianopoulos, K. (2008). Connecting remote educational spaces with mediated presence. In F Eckardt et al. (eds.) Mediacity: Situations, Practices, and Encounters. Pages 227-244, Frank & Timme, Berlin, 2008.
- Chorianopoulos, K (2011). Understanding the hybrid city with dynamic geographic maps. In adjunct proceedings of the the Hybrid City Symposium, Athens, Greece.
- Chorianopoulos, K. Polymeris, G. (2010). A large scale cultural probes study in remote schools. In proceedings of The future of learning. The Minutes of the 7th National Conference EEEP - DTPE, 2010
- Chorianopoulos, K. and Polymeris, G. 2010 Overview of the first phase schools and methods, Workshop SchoolIT10: Schools first, Information Technology second
- Chorianopoulos, K. Examining the educational context beyond the learning process. In Proceedings of the 1st Workshop on Informatics in Education (WIE). 2009 Talk (4.5 MB PDF)