Department of Informatics, Corfu, Greece
- MSc in Informatics and Humanistic Studies, Ionian University (2013)
- BSc in Informatics, Athens University of Economics and Business (1992)
- Computing Education
- Video Games and Education
- Computer programming
- Garneli, V., Giannakos, M., & Chorianopoulos, K. (2016). Serious games as a malleable learning medium: The effects of narrative, gameplay, and making on students’ performance and attitudes. British Journal of Educational Technology.
International conferences and workshops:
- Garneli, Varvara, Michail N. Giannakos, Konstantinos Chorianopoulos, and . "Serious game development
as a creative learning experience: lessons learnt". 2015 IEEE/ACM 4th International Workshop on Games and Software Engineering
- Garneli, Varvara, Michail N. Giannakos, and Konstantinos Chorianopoulos. "Computing Education in K-12 Schools: A Review of the Literature.". 2015 IEEE Global Engineerin g Education Conference (EDUCON), At Tallinn, Esthonia
- Garneli, Varvara. "Instructional Media and Teaching Methods for Engaging Children with Computer Programming." Advanced Learning Technologies (ICALT), 2014 IEEE 14th International Conference on. IEEE, 2014.
- Garneli, Barbara, et al. "Learning by Playing and Learning by Making." Serious Games Development and Applications. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2013. 76-85.